|Regional Opening Day
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Statewide Opening Day
Saturday, April 18, 2015
(How these dates are
Regional Opening Day counties:
- All waters in Adams, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill and York counties (County Guide).
Streams on county borders that are part of Regional Opening Day:
- Mahantango Creek, between Northumberland and Dauphin counties.
This is the ONLY stream in Northumberland County opening on the earlier date.
- West Branch Mahantango Creek, between Snyder and Juniata counties.
This is the ONLY stream in Snyder County opening on the earlier date.
- Two streams in Carbon County -- Lizard Creek and Mahoning
Time: 8 a.m.
Minimum Size: Seven (7) inches
Fishing Hours: 24 hours a day, after the 8 a.m. opener
- Regular season (opening day thru Labor Day)
5 (combined species)
- Extended season (Jan. 1-Feb. 28) & (day
after Labor Day-Dec. 31)
3 (combined species)
Creel limits apply to the majority of trout fishing waters (inland
Other rules apply for Special Regulation Areas. Anglers should consult the Summary
of PA Fishing Laws and Regulations, distributed free with their licenses, for more details.
- In addition to a fishing license,
trout anglers 16 and older must posses a Trout/Salmon Permit (or Combination
Trout-Salmon/Lake Erie Permit) to fish for trout.
- A Lake Erie Permit (or Combination Trout-Salmon/Lake Erie Permit)
is also needed to fish for trout, salmon and steelhead in Lake Erie and its tributaries.
- Licenses must be signed in ink and displayed on an outer garment. Anglers must also be able
to provide positive proof of identification (other than the fishing license) upon request of a Waterways
- License Fees – 2015 licenses and permits are valid December 1, 2014 through
December 31, 2015 (except 1, 3 and 7-day licenses) and are available Dec. 1, 2014 at issuing agents statewide
and online through the The Outdoor Shop.
- Multi-Year Licenses – 3-Year and 5-Year licenses. Visit The Outdoor Shop to purchase. Convenience—Savings—Rewards with each purchase.