The mission of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is: to protect, conserve, and enhance the Commonwealth's aquatic resources and provide fishing and boating opportunities.
⇢ Resource First – Policy Manual
The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is an independent Commonwealth agency comprised of 10 Commissioners appointed by the Governor and approved by the Legislature. Day to day operations are overseen by our Executive Director.
⇢ Annual Reports
⇢ Minutes & Agendas
Policy & Planning
Bureau of Law Enforcement
Office of Administration
Bureau of Administration
Bureau of Information Technology
Public Access & Property Services
Office of Field Operations
Bureau of Engineering
Bureau of Fisheries
Bureau of Hatcheries
Bureau of Outreach, Education & Marketing (Media Resources)
Organization chart (PDF)
Administrative offices are based at the Commission's headquarters at 1601 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg (Dauphin County). Field operations are based at our Centre Region Office, 595 E. Rolling Ridge Dr., Bellefonte (Centre County). Region offices, hatcheries, fisheries management offices and other Commission facilities are spread throughout the commonwealth. [view directory]
- Headquarters -- Located in Harrisburg, this office serves as agency headquarters. The public can also buy fishing licenses, register boats and pick up Commission publications.
- VIDEOS: Historical Marker 1 (Abele) -- Historical Marker 2 (Agency 150th Anniversary)
- Centre Region Office -- Administrative headquarters for the Office of Field Operations (Bureaus' of Fisheries, Engineering, Hatcheries).
- VIDEOS: Open House 1 -- Open House 2
- Regional Offices -- Buy a fishing license, register a boat, pick up Commission publications, etc. Conservation Officers and Outreach Coordinators are there to assist you with local fishing and boating information.
- State Fish Hatcheries -- Hatchery personnel spawn, raise and stock trout and many other species of coldwater and warm/coolwater fish.
- Fisheries Management Areas -- Fisheries biologists determine stocking allocations, classify streams, survey streams, etc. in managing PA's fisheries.
- Maintenance Offices -- Maintain boat access areas and other Commission properties.
Visit our Directory Map or Telephone/Office Listings for addresses of field offices and contact information.