STATE FISH HATCHERY
Originally constructed in 1903, the Pleasant Gap State Fish Hatchery is situated on 26 developed acres (37 total acres) of land owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and managed by the Fish and Boat Commission.
The facility consists of exterior concrete raceways, a hatchery building that contains concrete and fiberglass interior raceways, and heath egg incubators.
Water supply to the facility is from a wide array of sources: springs, creek, production wells, and a quarry surface water excavation reservoir.
- Employees: 10 full-time, 2 wage/seasonal
- Average Fish Production: 256,164 lbs.
- Visitor Center: Yes
- Average Annual Visitors: 500