R3 Grant Program
Recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) of anglers and boaters is important to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC). The R3 Education Grant Program (R3 Grant) provides funding to support R3-related educational programs delivered by our partners. Supporting partners in their efforts to deliver such programming significantly increases the number of learning opportunities provided to current, past, and future anglers and boaters.
Education programs play a role in R3 by providing experiences that increase fishing knowledge and skills, facilitate social support, and provide information on angling and boating opportunities close to home. The Commission established this grant program to help others start new R3 education programs, or to expand their existing efforts.
The PFBC welcomes applications for the development and delivery of education programs that contribute to the Commission’s efforts to:
- Retain current anglers and reactivate former anglers
- Increase the diversity of Pennsylvania’s angler population by recruiting and retaining under-represented audiences to a level comparable to their presence in the overall population of Pennsylvania.
The R3 Grant will reimburse qualifying organizations up to $25,000 for eligible program expenses for the period ending June 30, 2021. The grants require a minimum of 25% cash or in-kind match of staff time and/or other project expenses. Requests for amounts greater than $25,000 may be considered. Contact the PFBC at email@example.com for more information on larger grants.
R3 Grant Timeline
- June 30, 2020: application deadline
- August 1, 2020: grant awards announced (or sooner)
Projects may begin once the agreement is fully executed.
- January 15, 2021: deadline for interim report and first invoice due
- June 30, 2021: grant period ends
- July 15, 2021: deadline for final report and invoice